Planning & Zoning
The Cibolo Planning Department's Mission is to maintain the Spirit of Historic Cibolo, while guiding smart growth and development and providing amenities and enhancing the quality of life in Cibolo.
- Comprehensive Planning - The newly adopted 2016 Master Plan (PDF) is the policy document that guides the growth and change for all future physical development of the city and defines the Vision for the City of Cibolo.
- Long Range Planning - Cibolo is committed to addressing long-term planning issues, such as the Future Land Use Map and Future Thoroughfare Plan (PDF) and our Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
*** Key Topics ***
- 2018 Unified Development Code (PDF) Ordinance 1233 (PDF) UDC Update FAQs (PDF)
- Adoption of New Fee Schedule for Planning and Engineering: Ordinance Number 1232 (PDF)
- Request for Review by Utility Entities with development applications: Form (PDF)
- Cibolo Population over 25,000 per U.S. Census Bureau (PDF) Ordinance Number 1130 (PDF)
City of Cibolo Public Notices
- - - Rezoning - - -
The Cibolo Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council will hold public hearings on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. and Tuesday March 26, 2019, at 6:30 p.m. respectively, each to be conducted at Cibolo City Hall, 200 South Main, Cibolo, Texas. The purpose of both meetings is to hear public testimony regarding the assignment of permanent zoning to properties annexed into Cibolo in 2017, generally located south of FM 78 on Haeckerville Road, Lower Seguin Road, IH 10 and Santa Clara Road. Properties to be considered are proposed to be zoned Agricultural Homestead (AG), Low Density Single-Family Residential (SF-2), Medium-High Density Single-Family Residential (SF-5), Retail/Office (C-3) and General Commercial (C-4)
--- Appeal ---
The City of Cibolo Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. (200 South Main, Cibolo, Texas) to hear public testimony regarding property located within the Old Town Mixed Use Overlay District at 205 South Main Street for an appeal to UDC Section 8.3.2.B - Building Colors.
--- Variance ---
In accordance with Cibolo Code of Ordinances, the Cibolo Board of Adjustment will hold a public meeting on Monday, March 25, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. at the Council Chambers of the Cibolo City Hall located at 200 South Main Street, Cibolo, Texas. This Variance Request is for the following: Relief to the minimum lot design setback standards, per UDC Article 14.4, for properties located at 1147 and 1151 Guadalupe Drive.