Planning & Zoning
The Cibolo Planning Department’s Mission is to maintain the Spirit of Historic Cibolo, while guiding smart growth and development and providing amenities and enhancing the quality of life in Cibolo.
- Comprehensive Planning - The newly adopted 2016 Master Plan (PDF) is the policy document that guides the growth and change for all future physical development of the city and defines the Vision for the City of Cibolo.
- Comprehensive Master Plan Amendments:
- Ordinance 1274 - amendment to Chapter 8 implementation matrix;
- Long Range Planning - Cibolo is committed to addressing long-term planning issues, such as the Future Land Use Map and Future Thoroughfare Plan (PDF) and our Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
*** KEY TOPICS ***
2019 Legislative Update to development codes
- June 11, 2019 City Council Meeting Presentation Item 10B
- Due to the 2019 legislative update and per UDC Sections 2.4(D), 20.3.3(1)(l) and 20.3.5(1)(j), all platting will follow the City of Cibolo Platting Guide.
- Applicant is encourage to seek a pre-development meeting during the early design stages of a project prior to official submittal.
- 2018 Unified Development Code (PDF) Ordinance 1233 (PDF) UDC Update FAQs (PDF)
- 2021 Amended Unified Development Code (UDC) for Public Input
- The Unified Development Code (UDC) is the primary guide to development within the City of Cibolo. The purpose of the UDC is to promote the public health, safety and general welfare of its citizens as well as the safe, orderly and healthful development of the city. It incorporates procedures, standards and regulations for zoning as well as subdivision applications. Consistency with the 2016 Comprehensive/Master Plan, the 2019 legislative updates and development continuing at an accelerated pace has triggered the need to update our guidelines. As part of the public input process, the redlined UDC will be posted online soliciting public comments for approximately 30 days.
- UDC Updates by Article
UDC Redline Draft
- Any questions, comments and/or suggestions may be submitted to staff via phone at (210) 658-9900 ext. 3141 or (210) 658-9900 ext. 3140 or by email at Planning@cibolotx.gov. Please visit the following webpages to access the UDC updates by Article and the 2021 proposed amendments to the UDC.
www.cibolotx.gov > Main Page > News Feed
www.cibolotx.gov > Doing Business > Planning and Engineering > Planning and Zoning Key Topics
City of Cibolo Public Notices
- - - Rezoning Permit Applications - - -
The City of Cibolo Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council will hold public hearings on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. and on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 6:30 p.m., respectively, each to be conducted at Cibolo City Hall, 200 South Main, Cibolo, Texas. The purpose of both meetings is to hear public testimony regarding a request to rezone property located at 1876 FM 1103 for approximately three (3) acres of Neighborhood Commercial (C1) to General Retail/Office Restrictive (C3-R) and seven (7) acres of Neighborhood Commercial (C1) to General Commercial (C4) with a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) to allow for Convenience Storage and Vehicle Storage.