- Community Services
- Police Department
- Programs & Services
- Citizens Police Academy (CPA)
Citizens Police Academy (CPA)
Citizens Police Academy is an exciting program offering citizens an opportunity to help the Cibolo Police Department (CPD) make Cibolo safer. For more information, contact the Crime Prevention Officer at 210-858-3215. If you are ready to apply, complete the Citizens Police Academy Application. Our next class will start on February 16, 2023. The class meets every Thursday for 11 weeks from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m.
What have others said about the program? Click here to watch.
The Cibolo Police Department’s Citizens Police Academy and Citizens on Patrol programs handle most volunteer opportunities at CPD events as well as those that are administrative or clerical in nature.
- Annual Police Memorial
- Any clerical duties in the Police Department
- Any other duty approved by the department
- Assisting with training
- Blue Santa and Cookies with Santa
- Child I.D.
- Citizens on Patrol
- Junior Police Academy
- Victim Services
- Warrant call-ups
Members of CPA attend 11 weeks of training in the Cibolo Citizens’ Police Academy. The classes are held once a week in 3 hour segments.
Benefits for Graduates of CPA
- CPA enhances the operational efficiency of the Cibolo Police Department through support of programs that contribute to the safety of citizens.
- CPD is able to remove officers from administrative and clerical assignments and focus on officer-specific tasks. This directly impacts the delivery of services to citizens.
Improvement to Quality of Life
Public safety is consistently ranked as one of a community’s top priorities. This program enhances public safety services while indoctrinating the citizens into the operation of the department. These citizens often become community advocates for the department, providing factual information to the community and helping others understand how to access services.
Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association
Graduates of the CPA desire to provide ongoing physical, material, and financial assistance to the community programs of the Cibolo Police Department. The Alumni Association of the Cibolo Citizens Police Academy (AACCPA) is a 501(c)3 stand alone non-profit organization.