Business Retention & Expansion
Existing businesses and industries play an essential role in the overall economic health and quality of life in Cibolo. The vitality and growth of the existing business base is a fundamental component of our overall efforts to sustain and grow our community.
The City of Cibolo has initiated a Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Program and strategy to support the success and growth of existing businesses and industries. An on-site visitation program is underway and Cibolo businesses are invited and encouraged to participate.
Our goal is to learn more about you, develop a working relationship, and assist in connecting existing businesses with the right information, resources and programs in ways that will improve the business climate. Through these on-site visits, our goal is to achieve the following objectives:
- Learn more about each individual operation and share information about the City of Cibolo's Economic Development Department and other City support services.
- Express our appreciation to Cibolo businesses and share in the celebration of current successes and achievements.
- Identify business concerns related to economic development and facilitate dialogue with the appropriate entities to address the issues.
- Identify and analyze trends, challenges, and opportunities facing our existing businesses and mobilize appropriate resources, programs, and services when appropriate.
- Act as a liaison, advocate, and point of contact for Cibolo’s Businesses.
- Identify opportunities to work with businesses to attract critical suppliers and/or customers to Cibolo.
- Identify opportunities for the expansion of specific business sector clusters.
- Provide local business with information regarding workforce training issues and current state and local incentive programs for future existing business expansions.
- Establish and maintain a more consistent and reliable channel of communication between local businesses and the City of Cibolo.
The City of Cibolo will listen to your concerns and help wherever possible. Our goal is to be a key partner with you as your company continues to thrive and grow in Cibolo.
The City of Cibolo works closely with area chambers, community colleges, and workforce development agencies such as Northeast Lakeview College and Workforce Solutions Alamo. We want to use these relationships to ensure that we can provide our businesses with all the resources that are available to help them succeed.
We are currently in the process of reaching out to our businesses to schedule BRE meetings, however, if you haven’t heard from us and would like to schedule an on-site BRE meeting with the City of Cibolo , please contact Isabella Ellis at 210-658-9900, ext. 3120 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange a time that is convenient for you.