View the 2019 CEDC Annual Report here.
Welcome to the City of Cibolo
Cibolo continues to be recognized as one of the safest and most livable cities in the region and the state. The City of Cibolo has received multiple recognitions by various independent survey outlets. Recently, Cibolo has been awarded several designations including:
- 50 Safest Places to Live in Texas by Elite Personal Finance. FBI crime statistics in the United States in 2016 for cities over 10,000 in population were used for the ranking criteria. Cibolo ranked #25
- NerdWallet ranked Cibolo #9 out of 239 Texas cities with a 10,000+ population on its list of “Best Places for Young Families in Texas.”
- The National Council for Home Safety and Security released its list of safest cities in Texas for 2018. Cibolo ranked the highest for the local area at #17
- HomeSnacks analyzed over 23 places around San Antonio to identify the most in-demand places to live. Cibolo ranked #8 on their, “10 Best Suburbs Around San Antonio for 2018” list
- Niche ranks Cibolo #8 on its “2019 Suburbs with the Best Public Schools in the San Antonio Area”
- Backgroundchecks.org named Cibolo as #39 on its “Safest Cities in Texas, 2019” report
- Alarms.org “Safest Cities in Texas – 2020” - Cibolo #28
- Safewise - Texas’s 50 Safest Cities of 2020 – Cibolo #34
Cibolo is a fast growing community with low crime, college educated neighbors, well-rated public schools, plentiful shopping, regular community events, and affordable housing with higher-end new construction. All of these factors along with an easy commute to larger cities nearby make Cibolo an overall solid community in which to live, work, and raise a family.
The Cibolo Economic Development Corporation manages a portion of local sales tax dollars that can be allocated to provide incentives for new or expanding businesses within the City of Cibolo. These incentives can be used for the development of infrastructure, tax abatement, loans/grants, or workforce training. The EDC maintains a close working relationship with the Governor’s Office for Economic Development and Tourism which can bring applicable State incentives to eligible projects locating in Texas.
Please contact us by email for any additional information that will assist you in making the best decision for your company.