- Community Services
- Police Department
- Programs & Services
- Junior Police Academy
Junior Police Academy
Calling all Cibolo young people age 10 to 13 years old who have interest in law enforcement. Cadets will learn how to fingerprint, collect evidence, tour the police department and more. They will also hear from Guadalupe County SWAT, Cibolo Fire/EMS, Cibolo PD K9 and others. Additionally, there will be a trip to the Guadalupe County Juvenile Detention Facility in Seguin. Each day there will be a physical fitness training session. Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are currently planning to not have the Junior Police Academy for 2020. Please stay tuned to this website and our social media for the latest information.
8 a.m. until 12 p.m. daily. There will be a graduation ceremony at 11:30 a.m. at City Hall on Friday.
- Cadet can only attend one class. A minimum of 15 cadets is required for a class. Preference will be given to first time attendees and Cibolo residents.
- There is no cost for the program. Donations are accepted. Cadets receive T-shirt, wristband and graduation certificate. Snacks and water are provided daily. T-shirts are to be worn daily. Cell phone use is not allowed.
- *Please note this is not a "Scared Straight" or "Turning Point" program designed to discipline but an opportunity for career exploration.
- Complete the application online by clicking here. (Available April 8) You will need to complete the Release of Liability on the first day of camp in person.
- Paper form of the application is available here.
For More Information
Questions? Visit us at 162 Loop 539 East, Cibolo or call 210-659-1999. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @cibolopd for live tweets, pics and videos during the camps. #JPA2020