What are common Code Enforcement Violations?

Illegal Signs

  • It is illegal to place, post or erect any sign in the public right-of-way.  This includes garage sales, and advertisement signs which are free standing or attached to utility poles, stop signs etc.  Please refer to Building Permits & Inspections Frequently Asked Questions for more details.

High Grass & Weeds

  • Grass & weeds are not allowed to grow in excess of 12 inches on any property, whether the property is vacant or occupied.

Junk / Inoperable Vehicles

  • Junk vehicles are not allowed to be stored on property.  A vehicle is considered as junked if it has an expired license plate and / or expired vehicle inspection or if the vehicle is wrecked, dismantled or has remained inoperable for more than seventy-two (72) consecutive hours on public property or 30 consecutive days on private property.  Code Enforcement handles vehicle violations located on private property.  City of Cibolo Police Department handles vehicle violations located on public property.

Recreation Device in Right-of-Way or Right-of-Way Blocked or Obstructed

  • Sidewalks, streets and curbs must be kept free from obstructions.  This includes placing fencing and basketball goals in the right-of-way.

Water Violations

  • The City of Cibolo has year round mandatory watering guidelines.  It is a violation to water outside of the scheduled day and time.   If your property is located in the Green Valley Special Utility District (GVSUD), you may have different watering restrictions than the City of Cibolo.


  • All exterior property and premises must be maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary condition.  It is a violation to dispose of junk, garbage, rubbish, refuse or other solid waste upon public or private property.  This includes, but not limited to, brush, furniture and appliances. 

Show All Answers

1. What are the duties of Code Enforcement?
2. What type of violations does Code Enforcement handle?
3. What are common Code Enforcement Violations?
4. Does the City of Cibolo have a chipper / trash pick-up service?
5. How can I report a Complaint?