Can I burn brush or tree limbs? Is there a burn ban?

This is called a “controlled burn” and yes you may as long as the county has not issued a “burn ban”. There are control burn rules which is general for everyone (Outdoor Burning Rule, Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Sections 111.201-221 for the general public.) You may obtain a free of charge permit for the on-site burning of residential and agricultural yard brush and tree limbs, garden debris, and waste plant growth only. You can apply for the permit by calling or stopping by Station #1 204 Loop 539 West 210- 858- 3296 or Fire Station #2 3864 Cibolo Valley Drive 210-858-3290. A site inspection is performed before permits are issued to ensure the proposed burn is in a safe location with a source of water. To check the latest burn ban information, call the Guadalupe County Fire Marshal’s office at 830-303-8856.

Show All Answers

1. What do I gain from being annexed into the City of Cibolo?
2. Will being in the city limits affect my property values?
3. What zoning is placed on my property upon annexation? How does the city rezone property?
4. How will implementing zoning allow the city to protect and defend property values?
5. What services will I receive for my City tax dollars?
6. Will I lose my agriculture exemptions?
7. What will my taxes be now that I am in the City?
8. When will I have to pay City taxes?
9. Might the landowners’ taxes be “frozen” as is, for a period of time to allow them to budget for any increase in taxes if it becomes necessary?
10. For those retired or on fixed income, what options are there to avoid expense in the form of city property tax?
11. What will the City do about my “road”?
12. Does annexation affect existing easements along public roads and does it affect deed restrictions?
13. Is there a legal time limit within which a city is required to provide services to annexed areas?
14. Do I have to connect to City water or sewer service if I currently have a well and septic system?
15. What is a Certificate of Convenience and Necessity (CCN)?
16. Can I still keep my animals and livestock?
17. Will I have to remove my barns, pens, and other non-conforming structures?
18. Will I have to request building permits for a new home, fence, deck, etc.?
19. I already have a building permit from the County. Can I still move forward with a project if annexed?
20. If annexed will my address change?
21. Can I burn brush or tree limbs? Is there a burn ban?