What are you going to do about the flooding and drainage problems in my area?

When an area develops, the City requires a developer to design and construct a drainage system that cannot release more water from the new development than was released before the construction. In order to satisfy this requirement, most developers construct detention ponds that hold water and allow it  to  release  slowly  and/or absorb  into  the  soil.  With all development, commercial and residential, the City will enforce FEMA and the City Floodplain Regulations. Improvements to drainage ditches in the public right-of-way may also be required of a developer to accommodate drainage

If located in the ETJ, drainage and flooding issues should be reported with Guadalupe County. All drainage maintenance is the responsibility of the County unless in Cibolo City limits.

Show All Answers

1. If the 69.1 acres in Bexar County was to be de-annexed, would the control of the flood plain would be lost?
2. What is annexation?
3. When would residents see improvement in roads that are annexed? Are all roads, in or adjacent to an area, annexed into the City or are some left in the County?
4. What is an ETJ?
5. What are you going to do about the flooding and drainage problems in my area?
6. Where can I find the law as to the landowners’ rights and the city’s obligations for annexation?
7. What is the Public Protection Classification (PPC) system?
8. What is Cibolo Fire Department’s ISO Rating?
9. Does Cibolo Fire Department have an agreement to provide fire services in Guadalupe County?
10. Can we shoot firearms within city limits?
11. For police protection who do we call? City or County?