Font Size

Deferred Disposition (Probation)

If you have been charged with an offense, other than a traffic offense, you must appear before the Court on the date stated on your citation (ticket) to request Deferred Disposition. In most cases the Court may, in the judge's sole discretion, offer deferred disposition. (If you are under the age of 17, you must appear in open court with a parent or legal guardian to make the request.)  The Court may impose a special expense fee not to exceed the maximum fine authorized by state law. Fees and State Court Cost are assessed and normally due when the Court grants deferred. If you complete the required terms of the probation the case is dismissed.

Traffic Offenses Only

If you are charged with a traffic offense, you may be eligible to ask the judge for Deferred Disposition to dismiss the charge. The request must be made on or before the appearance date on the citation. It must be made in person, by e-mail, by counsel, or by mail. (If you are under age 17, you must appear in open court with a parent or legal guardian to make the request.)

To be eligible, you:

  1. Cannot hold a Commercial Driver's License (CDL);
  2. Cannot currently be on Deferred Disposition or Deferred Adjudication for another traffic violation
  3. Have not charged with one of the following offenses:
    1. Failure to Give Information at Accident Scene
    2. Leaving Scene of Accident
    3. Passing a School Bus
    4. A serious traffic violation, which applies to commercial motor vehicle operators
    5. An offense in a construction or maintenance work zone when workers are present
    6. Speeding 25 mph or more over limit
    7. Speeding 95 mph or more

At the time of the request, you must do the following:

  1. Plead guilty or no contest
  2. Present a copy of your current/valid driver's license
  3. Present proof of financial responsibility (insurance) listing yourself as a covered driver
Upon receipt of your request

The case will be reset for 30 days for judicial review; You will receive written notice, in person or by mail, of the new court date; Until such time as this case is closed you will be required to notify the Court, in writing, of any change of address or phone number;

Once a decision is made and approved by the Municipal Court Judge the case will be reset for 30 days for you to receive, review and return said Case Disposition Agreement with payment to the Court.

Note: If you do not agree to the agreement then you will appear on the date scheduled to discuss the matter with the Court.

Note: Administrative Fee cannot be paid on-line.

Plea Offer & Case Disposition